Valley Vista Self Storage is comprised of 48,200 rentable square feet on approximately 8 acres of land. The facility offers 395 non-climate-controlled units and 28 parking spaces ranging from 50 square feet to 300 square feet. The facility advantageously offers expansion potential directly adjacent to the property; there is approximately 17 acres of land available. To ensure a secure premise, the facility is equipped with video surveillance, fencing and gating. The subject has solid physical and economic occupancies of 85 percent and 84 percent, respectively, demonstrating the strong demand for storage within the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area.
The subject property is ideally situated within a thriving corridor of Albuquerque and benefits from a dense population exceeding 103,000 individuals within three miles of the site. The facility offers convenient ingress and egress to and from Coors Boulevard, which sees traffic counts of over 27,000 vehicles daily. This thoroughfare serves as a major commercial roadway to the Albuquerque Metro Area. Valley Vista Self Storage has established a significant market footprint as the primary storage provider for the surrounding area; there is only one competitor within a mile of the property. Albuquerque is a rapidly-expanding technology hub with a low cost of living and a high quality of life, leading to consistent growth as one of the country’s largest metro areas.
Valley Vista Self Storage allows an investor the ability to acquire a well-maintained self-storage asset with multiple upsides, including forward-looking financials. The subject boasts leveraged IRRs of 19.0 percent and 19.1 percent in years five and seven. The facility is stabilized and offers a rare opportunity to capitalize on major expansion potential; the city has a high demand for RV storage and the adjacent land already has a special use permit in place. Additionally, an investor can further profit by raising rates to meet the market average in this underserved division of Albuquerque.
- Serves as the Primary Self-Storage Facility for the Surrounding Communities
- Solid Physical and Economic Occupancies of 85 Percent and 84 Percent, Respectively
- Capitalize by Raising Rental Rates to Meet the Comparable Average; 10×10 Non-Climate Rates are 42 Percent Below Market
- Major Expansion Potential with 17 Acres of Land Adjacent to the Subject Property; SUP Permit Already in Place for Coveted RV Storage
- Competitors Located Over One Mile from the Subject Property
- Forward-Looking Financials Including a Year Five Leveraged IRR of 19 Percent
- Strong Traffic Counts on Coors Boulevard Exceeding 27,000 Vehicles Per Day