The Des Moines Storage Opportunity is comprised of 48,775 rentable square feet on approximately 2.67 acres of land. The facility offers 456 fully climate-controlled units, ranging from 25 square feet to 300 square feet; the state-of-the-art property will have a grand opening on July 2nd, 2019. Additionally, the site will include a server room for cloud servers and Bitcoin miners. To ensure a secure premise, the facility is equipped with 24-hour video surveillance, digital key access and burglar bars throughout the hallways.
The facility is ideally located in a vibrant residential corridor of Ankeny, Iowa; a prominent suburb located just north of Downtown Des Moines. According to The Des Moines Register (a component of the USA Today Network), Des Moines added roughly 33 residents per day during the past year, making it the fastest growing city in the Midwest. There is a projected population growth rate of 2.58 percent annually from 2019 to 2023 within three miles of the site, far surpassing the national average. Additionally, the subject is situated in an affluent suburb; there is a median household income of approximately $90,000 within three miles of the property. The subject is adjacent to the Courtyards Development at Rock Creek and the 36 West Townhomes Development, among numerous other developments to compliment the suburb’s flourishing population.
The subject property represents an exceptional opportunity to acquire an asset with multiple upsides. The Class-A facility features superior construction and premium amenities, in addition to a wide-variety of options to meet the region’s high demand for self-storage. The site offers truck rentals and a tenant insurance program for an additional source of revenue. The influx of new housing developments encompassing the facility will benefit the site, in addition to the area’s well-established residential neighborhoods. An investor will benefit from a full lease-up phase in a high-growth region. The Des Moines Storage Opportunity offers impeccable access to all the region’s growing residential zones and heavily-utilized resources. Furthermore, the subject’s excellent location in this rapidly-expanding corridor of Ankeny will allow for consistent growth and stability.
- Situated in Ankeny, Iowa; a Suburban Component of Des Moines and One of the Top 10 Fastest-Growing Cities in the Country According to The Des Moines Register
- Three-Mile Projected Annual Growth Rate of 2.58 Percent from 2019 to 2023, Surpassing National Growth
- Median Household Income of Approximately $90,000 Within Three Miles of the Site
- State-of-the-Art Asset with Superior Construction and Amenities, Including 300 Square Feet of Server Space for Bitcoin Miners and Cloud Servers
- Set for Grand Opening on July 2nd, 2019
- Prime Opportunity to Capitalize on a Full Lease-Up Phase in a Thriving Demographic Region
- Adjacent to Several New Housing Developments and Well-Established Residential Zones